My dear Ella,
I can hardly believe today is your 4th birthday. Something inside of me aches as I see you grow...I think it's the fear that time is flying and soon enough, you will be packing your life in a suitcase and going to college. But, I also rejoice to see how incredible you are just at 4 years old.
You are the kindest girl in the world. You are never afraid to tell people how much you love them. I saw that today as you hugged one of your little friends that came to the movies with us. You held her and told her how much you loved her. You did the same thing to a classmate that came over to have dinner with us last night. I love when you run from nowhere and hug me and tell me how much you love me or how special I am to you or how beautiful you think I am. I love you, Ella. You are God's gift to me.
Today, after opening presents and having some delicious pancakes that your daddy cooked, we headed to the doctor. There, I had to hold you down so the nurse could give you some shots. I saw the most horrific look in your face. I wish I could have avoided the pain and just provided you with the benefits. I realized today that I can't always shield you from the bad things, but I will always be there to hold you no matter what makes you ache or cry. I am so privileged to have this responsibility.
As I told your sister, when you were inside of me, my only wish for you and her, were to be a gift to every life that crossed your path. I hoped to raise you to be someone that would be a friend to everyone. You are that person and I hope that you continue to be.
I just love you so much. I wish I could really put into more words how deep my love is for you. I wish you could understand how almost every night, I sneak into your room, after you are asleep, and just watch you sleep because I miss you so much. I wish you could understand how my heart beats faster when I see you running into the car after a full day of school. I wish you could see how every day, I give myself a pep talk on how I need to be a better mother to you, because you and Nina are just so great and deserve the best I can give.
I love you, my girl, I have loved being your mother. I hope life slows down so we can have a billion more moments together.
Mamma
Monday, February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
weren't they 2 when i met them?
time, STOP going by so quickly!!
First off, I can't believe they are four! Happy Birthday to Ella! Happy Birthday to Nina!! They sound like such adorable little girls!!
Loved the letters to ur little girls!!!
Meu numero e 801-828-7890 and a good time is usually at 1 pm when my girls are napping :) but if you can't make it,call me and I will usually answer it,unless I'm in the middle of a crisis :)
Emma,
Add meu blog novo na tua lista!!!
pearofthetree.blogspot.com
Bj
Seriously!!!!!!I'm still at the stage where I wish I were back there every day....I'm trying to look for the positive....still hard...especially how we are living....but there must be a huge surprise for us around the corner....that's what I keep wishing for...Obrigada por toda a forca manu....eu tenho um telefone americano,se vc quiser me ligar qq dia ou tiver tempo pra eu te ligar...i'd love to chat!!!
Post a Comment